- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or at least 25 semester hours of mathematics credit, including the standard calculus sequence for freshmen and sophomores.
- A one-semester course in Linear Algebra.
- A substantial course in some branch of advanced mathematics such as analysis (advanced calculus) or modern algebra. A full year of both analysis and modern algebra is preferred.
You are required to submit the following for admission consideration:
- Official online application form through the University Graduate School.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination, including the Advanced Test in Mathematics.
- Course textbook form.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A resume/CV.
- One official transcript from each institution attended—must be in an envelope sealed by the university/college or an eTranscript from the university/college to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A personal statement.
- The application fee is $55 for domestic students and $65 for international students.
- Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), for those who are not citizens of the United States and do not have English as their native language. A minimum score of 80 is required for admission. Only those applicants with a TOEFL above 90 are likely to receive financial assistance.
Admission decisions are based on past performance, preparation, and aptitude for advanced graduate study, in addition to your motivation to complete a successful graduate career in Mathematics.
Apply online Read the FAQs