The geometry group at Indiana University will again host an April workshop with the help of the National Science Foundation and the Department of Mathematics. The aim of the gathering is to foster interaction among mathematicians having diverse geometric interests.
The workshop will begin on Friday, April 17th, at 4:00 pm with a colloquium lecture by:
Benson Farb (University of Chicago)
The workshop continues on Saturday and Sunday with lectures by:
· Michael Khanevsky (University of Chicago)
· Sarah Koch (University of Michigan)
· Jean-François Lafont (The Ohio State University)
· Andy Putman (Rice University)
· Ralf Spatzier (University of Michigan)
· Yi Wang (Institute for Advanced Studies and Johns Hopkins)
· Andrew Zimmer (University of Chicago)
We will be able to reimburse the travel and local expenses of many participants. The funding of graduate students and recent PhDs will receive priority. To apply for support, please register.
If you plan to join us, then please register electronically.
Between talks & after hours:
We expect hotels to fill up quickly this weekend; so please do not wait to book your hotel. Here are some hotels in Bloomington:
· Courtyard by Marriott, 15 minute walk from workshop. 812-335-8000.
· Hilton Garden Inn, 15 minute walk from workshop. 812-331-1335.
· Travelodge, inexpensive, 20 minute walk to workshop. 812-339-6191.
· Motel 6, inexpensive, 2 miles from workshop. 812-332-0820.
· Hampton Inn, 2 miles from workshop. 812-334-2100.
· Holiday Inn, 2.2 miles from workshop. 812-334-3252.
· Comfort Inn, 2.2 miles from workhop. 812-650-0010.
· A SummerHouse Inn, 2.6 miles from workshop. 812-332-2141.
Location and Directions:
The mathematics department is housed in Rawles Hall, the building just west of the intersection of 3rd Street and Woodlawn Avenue on the north side of 3rd Street.
· The red pin on this map indicates the intersection of 3rd Street and Woodlawn Avenue.
· Detailed information on travel by plane and car.